Guest essay by Kyoji Kimoto
Dr. Robert D. Cess led the following Intercomparison Projects of GCMs for the IPCC
- 1989: Interpretation of Cloud-Climate Feedback as Produced by 14 Atmospheric General Circulation Models.
- 1990: Intercomparison and Interpretation of Climate Feedback Processes in 19 Atmospheric General Circulation Models.
- 1991: Interpretation of Snow-Climate Feedback as Produced by 17 General Circulation Models.
- 1993: Uncertainties in Carbon Dioxide Radiative Forcing in 15 Atmospheric General Circulation Models.
- 1996: Cloud feedback in 19 atmospheric general circulation models: An update.
His profile is here.
Soden & Held  shows climate sensitivity is 3K for 2xCO2 from the 14 GCM studies for the IPCC 4th Assessment Report (2007) as follows:
Climate sensitivity = no-feedback sensitivity (Planck response) x feedbacks
= 1.2K x 2.5 = 3K
Here, feedbacks are water vapor, ice albedo, lapse rate and cloud feedback.
In the AGW theory of the IPCC…
View original post 658 more words